Guide to breastfeeding for mothers
Mother’s milk is undoubtedly the best way of raising children. Breast milk contains nutrients for the development of young children, is characterized by immunity helps prevent contamination and of course, breastfeeding will be cheaper and more convenient than bottle feeding.
Breastfeeding also has benefited in terms of health protection for mothers, particularly against ovarian cancer and breast cancer pre-menopausal stage. With mothers already have diabetes during pregnancy; breastfeeding reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes switched after birth.
Other benefits of breastfeeding
- Building emotional relationship between mother and child
- Breast milk always has the right temperature and requires no preparation
- Helping the mother to quickly restore pre-pregnancy weight
- Helps the uterus quickly return to their former size before pregnancy and shorten the bleeding time.
- Breast milk reduces the possibility of developing allergy and food intolerance in infants.
For some women, breastfeeding seems to be a simple process that takes place naturally. But for others, this is difficult. As with any new skill, it takes the time to mature in order to make a comfortable. Similarly, the baby also needs to become familiar with breastfeeding posture and coordination between the swallowing reflexes and swallow milk efficiently.
These misconceptions about breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding is a natural process for all new mothers and babies. If the process does not happen, it means there is a problem from either side or from both mother and child.
- Breastfeeding is usually more trustworthy and honest than the average breastfeeding mothers
- Formula – fed child is less agile and smarter than breastfed child
- Breastfeeding is always convenient and painless
- Breastfed babies never get “indigestion” and usually stop breastfeeding when they are full
- Only women with big boobs can create milk
- These working women cannot breastfeed
- Breast milk and cow milk look like if we have light colors such as water, milk will not achieve “quality”.
- Those who are breastfeeding cannot be pregnant
The truth about the breastfeeding
- It can take up to several weeks for mothers and babies to learn and adjust the comfortable breastfeeding to become easier.
- Sometimes breastfeeding may be inconvenient or even painful. The nipples become sensitive and sore; the chest hurts when it’s time for breastfeeding, especially during the first weeks.
- Those who breastfeed do not know how much your baby needs after each feed. It takes the time to get to know your baby is getting enough saturated.
- External expression does not show signs of milk that are precisely created
- Breast milk is always the best choice for at least the first 6 months. Many mothers combine breastfeeding and formula milk powder. If this combination does not matter, they can continue.
- The more breastfeed, the more milk produced. So, go for regular feeding.
- Not all women can or want to breastfeed. Full feeding practices, depending on the couple. No one else can decide for infant-feeding mothers.
- Parenting is just one aspect of childcare. Though it is important, you should not let this overwhelm the issues which are equally important in the care of children.
How to know breastfeeding is enough or not?
- Baby soaks up 6 diapers every day. The urine is dark yellow or orange proved insufficient breastfeeding.
- If your baby seems refreshed, well-being and fun in between the breastfeeding Watch for the baby’s mouth with a wet, bright eyes and not actively feeding.
- If your baby increases 150-200gr / week compared with the weight in 2 weeks after birth, this is the sign that he/she is getting enough. The breastfed infants tend to gain more weight in the first months of life and then level off for several weeks. The average growth rate from birth to 3 months of age is 150-200gr / week; from 3 to 6 months of ages are 100-150gr / week and from 6 to 12 months old is 70-90gr.
- If the head diameter, and the height of the baby increases. Keep an eye on the standard growth chart whether it is looked like at birth or increasing. The decrease of 1-2 indexes in the younger group is showed no growth development and you should reassess the baby health.
- She seems to recover well and you can feel the muscles and subcutaneous fat baby. Baby seems growing and no longer fit with clothes in sizes 0 of birth anymore.