Archive Yahoo Messenger Version 5 Skins
Tuesday, 18 November 2003
note: As Yahoo announced...
some of the skins built for previous versions of Yahoo! Messenger may not work
on verison 5,0,0,1015 and above further information is available at
[Yahoo Messenger Skins
How to Install Yahoo Messenger Skins
1) Find and Download the skin that
you want to use
2) unzip the file using Winzip or a similiar program
3) open your skins folder...
(My computer\C:\Program Files\Yahoo\Messanger\Skins
4) once in your skins folder you need to create a "new
folder" to do so click on "file"
then on "new" then "new
5) once you have created the new folder you need to rename it...to
rename it..right click on the folder then click on "rename"
6) tittle it with a name that describes the skin..something
that you'll remember (if ya downloaded a Simpson's skin then name it Simpson's)
7) now go back to the window that has
the unzipped file on it and drag and drop each file into
the new folder you just made...(files are in one window...new folder
is in another....you can resize both those windows so that they both appear on
8) once you have all the files in the folder sign
into Yahoo Messanger (if you weren't signed in already)
9) now click on "Login" on your messanger
window, then click on "preferences"
10) a new window will open and in that
window on the left side click on "appearance"
11) click on the arrow pointing down
next to "current theme" and you'll see the
new skin in the list that is in the pull down window..(ex.
Simpson's) click on it then click on "apply"
which is located at the bottom of that window
12) click on "ok" and that's it now
your new skin shoud be on your messanger window:)
****you can also change the color of the writing in your messanger (ex.friends
list) so that it matches or so that you can see the names of friends more clearly.
To Change The Color Of The Writing
1) click on "Login" on your messanger
2) click on "preferences"
3) in the new window that opens click on "appearence"
4) Click on the colored (probably black) square next to "text
color" and pick a color you think will look ok...experiment a little
:) you'll find one that will look great:):):)
Looking for skins? Try...
let us know if you have a hot link you think should be added :-)
Have fun and be creative Mel:)
The above tutorial was written for us by Mel.. all credit to her.. great job and
thanks heaps :-)
Last Updated ( Tuesday, 25 November 2003 )