YEmotePLUS Plug-In for Yahoo! Messenger version 8
YEmotePLUS is real step up from the original YEmote plug-in which was released on the Yahoo! Gallery less than a month ago, at that time YEmote gave you simple and very basic access to all the Yahoo Smileys including the secret / hidden ones. Since then Andy has been flat out taking on board all the feedback we've had and we're pleased to say that YEmotePLUS is jam packed full of features and suggestions from it's user base so a huge thanks goes out to all who contributed ideas, comments and time (especially DisabledTrucker :) and a big thanks to those that offered constructive criticism via the Yahoo! Gallery rating system, to those who failed to read the support documentation, couldn't be bothered getting the one-on-one help we offered (and still do) and subsequently were unable to download / install YEmote (and numerous other plug-ins) all I can really say is bummer :p *blush* you're now missing out on a truly awesome plug-in that is a must-have for any die hard Yahoo! Messenger user ;)
The features asked for....
Resize the Window
One of the main comments was that the YEmote Plug-in window was HUGE, and it was, at the time we were locked into the minimum size available via Yahoo! Messenger, with a subsquent version released this changed. YEmotePLUS is more compact in design and now opens at approx 356px (including scrollbar) but you are able to increase this if you wish, to do so simply hold your mouse over the bottom right hand corner of the IM window, click and drag into position.
Change the Background Colour
The default background colour is stock standard white, if you want to change this, click the ::Edit:: text in the button top right hand corner of the plug-in window
scroll to the bottom of the window, look for the colour palette
mouseover the colours, when it changes to a crosshair over your desired colour,
click colour block and the background will change instantly
if you wish to select another colour follow as per above until you are ready to save your selection
When you are satisfied with the background colour,
scroll back up to the top of the window and click ::Finish::
More coming soon....
Haven't got YEmotePLUS yet? want to download it? Don't know how?
Pre-check Prior to installing YEmotePLUS (Plug-In)
If you're reading this page prior to downloading the YEmotePLUS plug-in then follow the instructions below to install...
- Launch Yahoo! Messenger
- Make sure you have Yahoo! Messenger version 8 installed
- to check which version you are running go to Help > About Yahoo! Messenger
- If you don't have version 8 installed you can download it from http://messenger.yahoo.com, detailed instructions are available here best check your system requirements first tho which you can do here
Downloading and Installing YEmotePLUS
- Launch and login to Yahoo! Messenger v8
- go to the YEmotePLUS page at the Yahoo! Gallery, our direct link location is http://us.gallery.yahoo.com/apps/380/
or you can bypass the Yahoo! Gallery and use the YEmotePLUS direct download location...
- Firefox users may get an External Protocol Request, if you agree, click on the Launch Application button
- both Firefox and Internet Explorer user will get an install Warning dialog box, if you agree, click on Yes
Accessing the YEmotePLUS Plug-in
After installation there is no confirmation prompt or any notification that the plug-in has installed correctly and by now you've more than likely forgotten what the installtion Warning box stated (This will add the YEmotePLUS Yahoo! Messenger Plug-in to your My Plug-ins list. You can find it by clicking the Plug-ins button in the IM window) so you need to start an IM session with a friend from your list.
Please note, the
YEmotePLUS is a Conversation Plugin, this means its ONLY available from within an ACTIVE instant messenger window with someone on your friends list, the plug-in icon doesn't display if you IM yourself.
- Launch an active IM window with a friend
- Click on the Plug-ins icon on the tool bar at the top (green puzzle piece)
- your IM window to expand to show the available Plug-ins tabs
- click on the tab called My Plug-ins
- locate the YEmotePLUS plug-in in the list
- click on Start (to the right of the listing)
- YEmotePLUS with launch in it's own tab (to the right of the My Plug-ins tab) and
you're now ready to go :)